|Home AboutXUOGML News People Research VisitorXInfo Studentships Products Contact Links|
The UOG Marine Laboratory Technical Report series consists largely of otherwise unpublished technical accounts, such as of natural-history or habitat surveys. The latter have in past also been serialised under the now discontinued Environmental Survey Reports and Miscellaneous Reports. Reports beginning with 129 lacking a link to a pdf are unavailable as part of the conditions that the Marine Lab was contracted to perform the work.
159. MCCUTCHEON, A.L., RAYMUNDO, L.J., JENSON, J.W., PROUTY, N.G., LANDER, M.A. & RANDALL, R.H. 2015. Testing the Strontium/Calcium Proxy for Sea Surface Temperature Reconstruction in the Coral Porites Lutea, in Guam, Micronesia. 99 pages.
138. SCHILS T., SCHUPP P., RAYMUNDO L.J., HALFORD A., CABALLES C., DEVILLERS A. & ROHDE S. 2011. Coral Reef Monitoring. Kilo Wharf Extension, Apra Harbor, Guam. University of Guam Marine Laboratory, Technical Report, 152 pp.
137. SUKHRAJ N.C., BROWN V., SCHILS T., COX E., KOLINSKI S., TENORIO M., MCKAGAN S., DEVILLERS A. & FOSTER K.B. 2010. Marine Resource Surveys of Pagan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (Volume II). Prepared for Headquarters, United States Marine Corps, 367 pp.
136. SUKHRAJ N.C., BROWN V., SCHILS T., COX E., KOLINSKI S., TENORIO M., MCKAGAN S., DEVILLERS A. & FOSTER K.B. 2010. Marine Resource Surveys of Pagan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (Volume I). Prepared for Headquarters, United States Marine Corps, 115 pp.
135. MINTON D., BURDICK D., DEN HAAN J., KOLINSKI S. & SCHILS T. 2009. Comparison of a photographic and an in situ method to assess the coral reef benthic community in Apra Harbor, Guam. Prepared for Naval Facilities Engineering Command Pacific Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, 48 pp.
134. SCHILS T., SCHUPP P., STARMER J. & HALFORD A. 2009. Kilo Wharf Extension Project Preliminary Report. Phase I: Pre-Construction Biological Monitoring. Kilo Wharf, Apra Harbor, Guam. University of Guam Marine Laboratory, Technical Report, 85 pp.
133. MINTON D., BROWN V., DUGGER K., FLORES T., FOSTER K., HOUK P., IGUEL J., KESSLER C., KOLINSKI S., SCHILS T., STARMER J., SUHKRAJ N., TENORIO M. & TRIANNI M. 2009. Marine Resource Surveys of Tinian, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Volume I. 54 pp.
129. SMITH, B.D., T.J. DONALDSON, T. SCHILS, K. DUGGER, J. DEN HAAN, R. L. MYERS, L. CHAU, A. REYES, K. CHOP, & M. CHRISTY. 2009. Marine Monitoring at Orote and Haputo Ecological Reserve Areas. 66 pages.
124. RANDALL, R.H. 2008. Holocene reef and beach development at Tumon Bay, Guam.
118. RAYMUNDO, L.J. A.P. MAYPA, K.B. ROSELL, P.L. CADIZ, & P.T. ROJAS, JR. 2006. A Survey of Coral Disease Prevalence in Marine Protected Areas and Fished Reefs of the Central Visayas, Philippines. 18 pages.
115. SMITH, B.D., T.J. DONALDSON, A. EDWARD, & A.M. KERR. 2005. Marine Biological Survey of Coral Reef Communities at Dekehtik (Takatik) Island for the Proposed Pohnpei Airport Runway Extension Project. viii + 131 pages.
112. WILKINS, S.DeC., B.D. SMITH, & T.J. DONALDSON. 2005. Environmental Impact of the Cooling Water Intake Structure, Cabras Power Plant, Section 316b Study, Phase I, A Screening Analysis.
111. SMITH, B.D., S.DeC. WILKINS, & T.J. DONALDSON. 2005. Environmental Impact of the Cooling Water Intake Structure, Tanguisson Power Plant, Section 316b Study, Phase I, A Screening Analysis. vi + 62 pages.
109. TSUDA, R.T., J.L. HOLBROOK, H.R. WOOD, T.J. DONALDSON, & B.D. SMITH. 2004. Biological and chemical survey of the lower Pago River, estuary, near-shore reef channel and adjacent inner reef flat, Pago Bay, Guam. vi + 63 pages + 9 plates.
108. TSUDA, R.T., & T.J. DONALDSON. 2004. Cumulative and secondary impacts: Seawalker, Scuba Bob, and the Fish Eye Underwater Observatory, Piti and Cocos Lagoon, Guam. x + 85 pages + 6 plates + 4 appendices.
100. NELSON, S.G., B.D. SMITH, J.E. PARHAM, B. TIBBATTS, & F. CAMACHO. 1995. A survey of the streamfishes of the upper reaches of the Ngermeskang River, Palau, with recommendations for conservation and monitoring. 32 pages.
98. RANDALL, R.H., R.T. TSUDA, & R.G. BOWMAN. 1992. A reassessment of reef-building corals, an assessment of framework erosion, and a reassessment of marine benthic algae in the reef area affected by thermal effluent at Tanguisson Point, Guam. 45 pages + 107-page Appendix.
95. BIRKELAND, C., R.H. RICHMOND, E.A. MATSON, P. HOLTHUS, & N.S. CONVARD. 1989. Visual surveys of the coastal marine communities of Babelthaup and Koror (Belau): Some implications for potential effects of proposed coastal zone developments. A cooperative study by East-West Center, SPREP, UOG Marine Laboratory, and the Environmental Quality Protection Board of the Government of Belau. 27 pages.
94. BIRKELAND, C., & H. MANNER, editors. 1989. Resource survey of Ngerukewid Islands Wildlife Preserve, Republic of Palau. A report to the Government of Palau, the South Pacific Regional Environment Programme, World Wildlife Fund, and the International Union for the Conservation of Nature. 192 pages.
93. MATSON, E.A. 1990. Effects of the Agat, Agana, and Northern District wastewater effluents on receiving water quality and the effects of the Agat effluent on success of sea urchin egg fertilization. iv + 31 pages.
91. FITZGERALD, W.J., Jr. 1988. Analysis of the financial return from aquaculture under different culture systems in Guam: Decision making tool for management. 35 pages.
90. RANDALL, R.H., S.D. ROGERS, E.E. IRISH, S.C. WILKINS, B.D. SMITH, & S.S. AMESBURY. 1988. A marine survey of the Obyan-Naftan reef area, Saipan, Mariana Islands. 62 pages.
87. RANDALL, R.H., editor. 1987. A marine survey of the northern Tanapag reef platform, Saipan, Mariana Islands. 147 pages.
86. BIRKELAND, C., R.H. RANDALL, R.C. WASS, B.D. SMITH, & S. WILKINS. 1987. Biological resource assessment of the Fagatele Bay National Marine Sanctuary. (also NOAA Technical Memorandum, NOS MEMD 3). 229 pages.
85. LEITH, A., S. NELSON, & P. GATES. 1984. Mass mortality of Oreochromis mossambicus (Pisces, Cichlidae) in Fena Lake, Guam associated with a Pseudomonas infection. 19 pages.
84. MYERS, R.F., P. CALLAGHAN, & W.J. FITZGERALD, Jr. 1983. Market for fresh or frozen whole fish on Guam. 50 pages.
83. ELDREDGE, L.G. 1983. Summary of environmental and fishing information on Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands: Historical background, description of the islands, and review of the climate, oceanography, and submarine topography. (NOAA Technical Memorandum NOAA-TM-NMFS-SWFC-40). 181 pages.
82. ELDREDGE, L.G. 1983. Mariana's active arc: A bibliography. 19 pages.
81. AMESBURY, S.S., R.N. CLAYSHULTE, G.R. GRIMM, & G. PLUCER-ROSARIO. 1982. Biological monitoring study of airport runway expansion site, Moen, Truk, Eastern Caroline Islands. 60 pages.
80. RANDALL, R.H., & T.S. SHERWOOD, editors. 1982. Resurvey of Cocos Lagoon, Guam, Territory of Guam. 103 pages.
79. RANDALL, R.H., & L.G. ELDREDGE, editors. 1982. Assessment of the shoalwater environments in the vicinity of the proposed OTEC development at Cabras Island, Guam. 212 pages.
77. NELSON, S.G., & F.A. CUSHING. 1982. Survey of a brackish lake on Pulusuk with regard to its potential for fish culture. 19 pages.
76. COLGAN, M.W. 1981. Long-term recovery processes of a coral community after a catastrophic disturbance. 69 pages.
75. BEST, B.R., & C.E. DAVIDSON. 1981. Inventory and atlas of the inland aquatic ecosystems of the Marianas Archipelago. 226 pages.
74. AMESBURY, S.S., M.W. COLGAN, R.F. MYERS, R.K. KROPP, & F.A. CUSHING. 1981. Biological monitoring study of airport runway expansion site, Moen, Truk, Eastern Caroline Islands Part B: Construction Phase. 125 pages.
73. ELDREDGE, L.G., & R.K. KROPP. 1981. Selected bibliography of the physical, chemical, and biological oceanographic literature for the waters surrounding Guam. 22 pages.
71. NELSON, S.G., & R.N. TSUTSUI. 1981. Ammonium uptake by Micronesian species of Gracilaria (Rhodophyta). 13 pages.
70. MARINE LABORATORY. 1981. A working list of marine organisms from Guam. 88 pages.
69. RAULERSON, L., editor. 1981. Plant biogeography of Guam. 138 pages.
68. BEST, B.R., D.B. MATLOCK, J.A. MARSH, Jr., & R.D. BRALEY. 1981. Toxicity bioassay for the Piti Power Plant, Guam M.I. on the effects of total residual chlorine on the early life stages of selected tropical marine species. 58 pages.
67. NELSON, S.G., & R.K. KROPP. 1981. Ammonia excretion by the freshwater prawn Macrobrachium lar in relation to diet. (also AES, CALS Technical Report 18). 5 pages.
65. CALLAGHAN, P., & B. SIMMONS. 1980. An analysis of tuna transshipment at the Commercial Port of Guam. 104 pages.
64. ROWLEY, D.M. 1980. Analysis of biofouling communities on settling plates at the proposed ocean thermal energy conversion site off Guam. 89 pages.
62. BIRKELAND, C., editor. 1980. Marine biological survey of northern Ponape Lagoon. 102 pages.
61. NELSON, S.G., R.N. TSUTSUI, & B.R. BEST. 1980. Evaluation of seaweed mariculture potential on Guam: I. Ammonium uptake by and growth of two species of Gracilaria (Rhodophyta). 20 pages.
60. BIRKELAND, C., R.H. RANDALL, & G. GRIMM. 1979. Three methods of coral transplantation for the purpose of reestablishing a coral community in the thermal effluent area at the Tanguisson Power Plant. 24 pages.
59. JENNISON-NOLAN, J. 1979. Guam's changing pattern of coastal and marine exploitation. (also Sea Grant Publication UGSG 79-12). 62 pages.
58. EDWARDS, F.J. 1979. A Guam book of seafood recipes. 64 pages.
57. ELDREDGE, L.G. 1979. Marine biological resources within the Guam seashore study area and the War in the Pacific National Historical Park. 75 pages.
56. NELSON, S.G., B. SMITH, & B. BEST. 1980. Nitrogen uptake by tropical freshwater macrophytes. 21 pages.
55. RANDALL, R.H. 1979. Geologic features within the Guam seashore study area. 53 pages.
54. AMESBURY, S.S., R.F. MYERS, F.A. CUSHING, R.K. SAKAMOTO, & J.R. EADS. 1979. The fishery potential of a deep-set fish weir on Guam. 24 pages.
52. AMESBURY, S.S., D.R. LASSUY, R.F. MYERS, & V. TYNDZIK. 1979. A survey of the fish resources of Saipan Lagoon. 85 pages.
51. AMESBURY, S.S., R.N. CLAYSHULTE, T.A. DETERMAN, S.E. HEDLUND, & J.R. EADS. 1978. Environmental monitoring study of airport runway expansion site, Moen, Truk, Eastern Caroline Islands. Part I: Baseline study. 86 pages.
50. CLAYSHULTE, R.N., J.A. MARSH, Jr., R.H. RANDALL, J.O. STOJKOVICH, & M.E. MOLINA. 1978. Limited current and underwater biological survey at the proposed fishery complex site on Tol Island, Truk. 117 pages.
49. AMESBURY, S.S. 1978. Studies on the biology of the reef fishes of Guam, Part I: Distribution of fishes on the reef flats of Guam. Part II: Distribution of eggs and larvae of fishes at selected sites on Guam. 65 pages.
48. RANDALL, R.H., editor. 1978. Guam's reefs and beaches: Part II: Transect studies. 90 pages.
47. RANDALL, R.H., & C. BIRKELAND. 1978. Guam's reefs and beaches: Part II: Sedimentation studies at Fouha Bay and Ylig Bay. 77 pages.
46. TSUDA, R.T., M.I. CHERNIN, J.O. STOJKOVICH, D.R. LASSUY, & B.D. SMITH. 1978. Marine environmental studies of selected sewer outfall sites in the Yap Central Islands and on Falalop Island, Ulithi Atoll, Yap Outer Islands. 101 pages.
44. RANDALL, R.H., C. BIRKELAND, S.S. AMESBURY, D. LASSUY, & J.R. EADS. 1978. Marine survey of a proposed resort site at Arakabesan Island, Palau. 73 pages.
42. TSUDA, R.T., & D.A. GROSENBAUGH. 1977. Agat sewage treatment plant: Impact of secondary treated effluent on Guam coastal waters. (WRRC Technical Report 3). 39 pages.
41. NEUDECKER, S. 1977. Development and environmental quality of coral reef communities near the Tanguisson Power Plant. 68 pages.
40. STOJKOVICH, J.O. 1977. Survey and species inventory of representative pristine marine communities on Guam. 183 pages.
39. CHERNIN, M.I., D.R. LASSUY, R.E. DICKINSON, & J.W. SHEPARD. 1977. Marine reconnaissance survey of proposed sites for a small boat harbor in Agat Bay, Guam. 54 pages.
38. MARSH, J.A., Jr., M.I. CHERNIN, & J.E. DOTY. 1977. Power plants and the marine environment in Piti Bay and Piti Channel, Guam: 1976–77 observations and general summary. 93 pages.
37. HEDLUND, S.E. 1977. The extent of coral, shell, and algal harvesting in Guam waters. 34 pages.
36. AMESBURY, S.S., J.A. MARSH, Jr., R.H. RANDALL, & J.O. STOJKOVICH. 1977. Limited current and underwater biological survey of proposed Truk tuna fishery complex, Dublon Island, Truk. 49 pages.
34. AMESBURY, S.S., C. BIRKELAND, M. CHERNIN, R. CLAYSHULTE, F. CUSHING, J. DAY, R. DICKINSON, J. EADS, L.G. ELDREDGE, D. HAMEL, S. HEDLUND, L. KOCK, J.A. MARSH, Jr., C. NEUBAUER, S. NEUDECKER, R.H. RANDALL, & R.T. TSUDA. 1977. Marine environmental baseline report, Commercial Port, Apra Harbor, Guam. 96 pages.
33. DOTY, J.E., & J.A. MARSH, Jr. 1977. Marine survey of Tanapag Harbor, Saipan: The power barge Impedance. 147 pages.
31. ELDREDGE, L.G., R. DICKINSON, & S. MORAS. 1977. Marine survey of Agat Bay. 251 pages.
30. NEUDECKER, S. 1976. Effects of thermal effluent on the coral reef community at Tanguisson. 55 pages.
29. TSUDA, R.T., W.T. TOBIAS, P.G. BRYAN, W.J. FITZGERALD, Jr., H.T. KAMI, & I.I. IKEHARA. 1976. Studies on the genus Siganus (rabbitfish) in Guam waters. (also Sea Grant Publication UGSG 76-05). 93 pages.
28. JONES, R.S., R.H. RANDALL, & M.J. WILDER. 1976. Biological impact caused by changes on a tropical reef. (also EPA-600/3-76-027). 209 pages.
27. ROTH, A. 1976. Preliminary checklist of the gastropods of Guam. (also Sea Grant Publication UGSG 76-03). 99 pages.
26. MARSH, J.A., Jr., & J.E. DOTY. 1976. The influence of power plant operations on the marine environment in Piti Channel, Guam: 1975–76 observations. 57 pages.
25. BIRKELAND, C., R.T. TSUDA, R.H. RANDALL, S.S. AMESBURY, & F. CUSHING. 1976. Limited current and underwater biological surveys of a proposed sewer outfall site on Malakal Island, Palau. 59 pages.
24. AMESBURY, S.S., R.T. TSUDA, R.H. RANDALL, C.E. BIRKELAND, & F. CUSHING. 1976. Limited current and underwater biological survey of the Donitsch Island sewer outfall site, Yap, Western Caroline Islands. 49 pages.
23. AMESBURY, S.S., R.T. TSUDA, W.J. ZOLAN, & T.L. TANSY. 1975. Limited current and underwater biological surveys of proposed sewer outfall sites in the Marshall Island District. Darrit-Uliga-Dalap Area, Majuro Atoll. 30 pages.
22. AMESBURY, S.S., R.T. TSUDA, W.J. ZOLAN, & T.L. TANSY. 1975. Limited current and underwater biological surveys of proposed sewer outfall sites in the Marshall Islands District. Ebeye, Kwajalein Atoll. 30 pages.
21. MARSH, J.A., Jr., & J.E. DOTY. 1975. Power plants and the marine environment: Additional observations in Piti Bay and Piti Channel, Guam. 44 pages.
20. TSUDA, R.T., S.S. AMESBURY, S.C. MORAS, & P.P. BEEMAN. 1975. Limited current and underwater biological survey at the Point Gabert wastewater outfall on Moen, Truk. 39 pages.
19. DICKINSON, R.E., & R.T. TSUDA. 1975. A candidate marine environmental impact survey for the potential development of the Uruno Point reef area on Guam, Mariana Islands. 50 pages.
18. GRIGG, R.W., & L.G. ELDREDGE. 1975. The commercial potential of precious corals in Micronesia. Part I: The Mariana Islands. (also Sea Grant Publication UGSG 75-01). 16 pages.
17. RANDALL, R.H., R.T. TSUDA, R.S. JONES, M.J. GAWEL, J.A. CHASE, & R. RECHEBEI. 1975. Marine biological survey of the Cocos barrier reef and enclosed lagoon. 160 pages.
15. TSUDA, R.T., R.H. RANDALL, & J.H. CHASE. 1974. Limited current and biological study in the Tuanmokot Channel, Ponape. 58 pages.
13. RANDALL, R.H. 1974. Talofofo Bay coastal survey. 77 pages.
12. RANDALL, R.H., R.T. TSUDA, M. GAWEL, R. RECHEBEI, & J. CHASE. 1974. Field ecological survey of the Agana-Chaot River Basin. 64 pages.
11. JONES, R.S., R.H. RANDALL, & R.D. STRONG. 1974. An investigation of the biological and oceanographic suitability of Toguan Bay, Guam as a potential site for an ocean outfall. 97 pages.
10. JONES, R.S., & H.K. LARSON. 1974. A key to the families of fishes as recorded from Guam. 48 pages.
9. JONES, R.S., R.H. RANDALL, & R.T. TSUDA. 1974. A candidate marine environmental impact survey for potential U.S. military projects on Tinian Island, Mariana Islands. 143 pages.
8. MARSH, J.A. Jr., & G.D. GORDON. 1974. Marine environmental effects of dredging and power-plant construction in Piti Bay and Piti Channel, Guam. 56 pages.
7. JONES, R.S., & R.H. RANDALL. 1973. A study of biological impact caused by natural and man-induced changes on a tropical reef. 184 pages.
6. MARSH, J.A., Jr., & G.D. GORDON. 1973. A thermal study of Piti Channel, Guam, and adjacent areas, and the influence of power plant operations on the marine environment. 51 pages.
5. YAMAGUCHI, M. 1972. Preliminary report on a plankton survey in Palau, December 1971 to January 1972. 14 pages.
3. TSUDA, R.T. (Compiler). 1972. Proceedings of the University of Guam – Trust Territory Acanthaster planci (crown-of-thorns starfish) Workshop. 36 pages.
2. TSUDA, R.T. (Compiler). 1971. Status of Acanthaster planci and coral reefs in the Mariana and Caroline Islands, June 1970 to May 1971. 127 pages.
1. JONES, R.S., & R.H. RANDALL. 1971. An annual cycle study of biological, chemical and oceanographic phenomena associated with the Agana ocean outfall. 67 pages.
Copyright © 2005 University of Guam Marine Laboratory. All rights reserved.
Comments and corrections to webmaster